DegreeWorks is an online advising tool that assists students in reviewing progress toward a Queens College degree. Students can use DegreeWorks to see remaining degree requirements including major requirements, minor requirements, and general education.
Students who have been accepted to the college can access their DegreeWorks profile through CUNYPortal/CitizenCUNY. After logging in with your CUNYPortal account, click the link that says “Student Advisement Degree Audit.”
1 New students should first make sure their CUNY profile information is correct. This can be done by logging in to the portal and then clicking “My Profile” in the top-right category.
2 Now click the button that says “Modify” to open your profile for editing.
3 Now click the dropdown box for “Primary College” and change to Queens College. Primary CUNY role should also be listed as “Student.” Note: It is typical to have additional colleges listed besides ones attended.
4 Finally, click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page to update your profile.
What can DegreeWorks help with:
- Knowing which Queens College requirements you need to complete your degree
- Seeing the courses you have taken in each of the requirement areas, including general education requirements, writing-intensive units, major, minor, and concentration
- Seeing what courses you have taken or transferred in as electives
- Viewing individual course grades and your GPA for your major and any minors
- Determining transfer credits, waivers, and exemptions applied toward your degree
- Seeing how your coursework could be applied toward another major, minor or concentration by using the What If function
- Experimenting with potential grade-point averages through the GPA calculator
- Confirming your academic standing (freshman, sophomore, etc.)