Queens College presents a number of exciting opportunities to academically accomplished individuals, including the newly created Transfer Honors Program.
Honors at Queens creates a community of learners on campus in which students enjoy classes that are small in size and emphasize discussion and projects over lecture. Honors enhances your education by providing opportunities for faculty mentorship, advanced research or other individualized projects.
The Transfer Honors Information Session and Tour will be held Fri October 17, 12-3 pm. The tour leaves Jefferson Hall lobby at 12:30. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Transfer Honors advisors will be present at the QC Open House, Sun Nov. 2.
Sign up at: http://www.qc.cuny.edu/admissions/undergraduate/Pages/UndergraduateOpenHouseRSVP.aspx
Transfer Honors Program
The new Queens College Transfer Honors Program is designed for highly motivated and creative students who wish to complete their bachelor’s degree at a world-class college that challenges them to do their best.
All students admitted to the Transfer Honors program are eligible to apply for a minimum scholarship of $1000 a semester for four to six semesters (to complete the bachelor’s degree program).
To be eligible to apply, you must be a full-time student with 45+ credits in a baccalaureate, AA, or AS program with a 3.3+ GPA. Students in AA/AS programs must ordinarily complete the degree to be eligible for scholarships. Students who are already enrolled at Queens College are not eligible.
Exceptional students with an AA/AS degree and a 3.5 GPA, or 60+ credits in a baccalaureate program and a 3.5 GPA can apply for scholarships ranging from half-tuition to full tuition (NY resident tuition rate).
The Transfer Honors Program also offers:
- Academic advisors who specialize in the needs of transfer and honors students
- Early registration priority
- Unique internship and research opportunities with organizations in Queens and NYC (arts and sciences, technology, media, NGOs)
- Preferred acceptance into our beautiful new residence hall, The Summit
- Honors courses reserved for and dedicated to first-semester transfer students
- Assistance in applying for internal scholarships
Transfer Honors Academic Options
To maintain your scholarship, you must keep a 3.3 GPA and participate in one of our three divisional honors programs or a departmental honors program. The divisional honors programs are in Arts & Humanities;Math & Natural Sciences; and Social Sciences. Departmental honors are available in: English; Math;Computer Science; Economics; Anthropology. Several other departments are creating honors programs that will be available for Fall 2014.
- Students must apply directly to Queens College through the CUNY Portal. Visit us at www.qc.cuny.edu/checklist to find out all you need to know about applying to Queens College.
- In addition, students applying for Fall entry to the Transfer Honors program must also submit the Transfer Honors Program Supplemental Application and Faculty Recommendation Form Fill-in PDFs can be edited in Adobe Reader or Google Chrome. An editable Word version of the Supplemental Application and Faculty Recommendation Form can be found here.Please send a hard copy to the address below and within an email to email@example.com
- Submit an official transcript from every college or university attended to the address below
Prof. Barbara Simerka
Director, Transfer Honors Program
Honors Hall Room 2
Flushing NY 11367
Attn: application materials enclosed
ALL application materials must be received by November 16, 2014
Queens College offers you a very competitive tuition—we were recently named the #1 public college in the nation for giving students “the best bang for the buck” (Washington Monthly). That tuition is made even more affordable with the help of financial aid (over 60% of our students receive such aid). For the most up-to-date information on financial aid opportunities, visit www.qc.cuny.edu/fao.
For more information contact:
Professor Barbara Simerka - firstname.lastname@example.org
718-997-5519 | 718-997-5628 • Honors Hall, Room 2