Last updated: November 28, 2016 at 14:02 pm
Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), Queens College offers a rigorous education in the liberal arts and sciences under the guidance of a faculty dedicated to both teaching and research.
- We offer over 60 baccalaureate degrees, including BA, BBA, BFA, BMus, BS, and BA/MA degrees.
- Close to 3,000 students graduate annually with bachelor’s degrees. Our six-year graduation rate is 60% for transfer students.
- Our programs are accredited by the State of New York, the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, and by other national and specialized accrediting organizations.
- Our distinguished professoriate includes over 600 full-time faculty (80% with tenure) and over 1,000 part-time faculty; 85% of our faculty have doctorates or the highest degrees in their fields.
- In addition to having a strong commitment to teaching, our faculty are extraordinary scholars, regularly receiving fellowships, awards, and research grants. Many are national and international leaders in their fields.
- Our faculty-led research centers and institutes serve students and the larger community by addressing society’s most important challenges—including cancer, pollution, and racism—as well as celebrating the borough’s many ethnic communities.